Hawkesbury’s Helping Hands is delighted to have a team of 60 or so Volunteers but even so, we are often desperately in need of more.
It really doesn’t matter if you can donate an hour of your time once per month, or 2-3 hours per week, every second of your time helps us to assist our Friends in need, every second of your time allows us to provide a warm meal and every single second that you can provide shows these people that the Community does care and will help them as much as possible.
You can choose how you volunteer and exactly what you do. We always need assistance in:
- Cooking Meals – Cooking of the meals for the 3 Meal Services per week
- The Breakfast Club – Provision of breakfast to students at Windsor High School and preparation of sandwiches for lunch
- Meal Server – Serving of food and drinks at our Meal Services at The Terrace
- Drivers – Collection of food and clothing donations from local people and businesses. The times and days are random, perhaps you can just register on our “Calling List” and if you are free, your hour or so would be so much appreciated.
- “Other Ways” – We are called on to assist in many ways, too many ways to mention. It ranges from minding a patrons pet dog overnight to delivering an emergency package to a local family or checking on the welfare of a local person.
The simple fact is that we desperately need more Volunteers and every second of your time is greatly appreciated. Not only will you be helping someone in need, you will be joining a “family” that provides a great service and has fun doing so! Contact us using our “Contact Us” page and we will get back to you as soon as possible.